Security profiles for an application contain the access credentials. The
client_id is the equivalent of the user name and
client_secret is the password.
Create Login with Amazon Security Profile
For your application to work with the Video Central API, you must create a Login with Amazon Security Profile.
- Go to https://developer.amazon.com/loginwithamazon/console/site/lwa/overview.html and sign in. If you don't have an Amazon developer account, create one. Note: Developers in Japan should first create an account at amazon.co.jp.
- In the Login with Amazon Console, click Create a New Security Profile.
- For Security Profile Name enter a name that will help you later identify the application's intent (e.g., "Video Report Downloader").
- For Security Profile Description enter a description. The description you enter will appear in the security profile list to help you identify the security profile's purpose.
- For Consent Privacy Notice URL enter a URL for a page that contains information about the privacy impact authorizing the application to login as themselves. We recommend entering a URL which links back to a page in Video Central explaining the purpose of the application.
- For Consent Logo Image select an optional image that will appear on the authorization/consent page.
- Click Save.
These steps get your security profile credentials.
- On the Web Settings tab of the security profile, for Client Secret, click Show Secret.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret. These are your application's username and password, respectively. You will need this information later.
- Save the application credentials (
client_secret). You must use the same credentials to retrieve an authorization code.
client_secret is sensitive and should be kept in your organization's secrets management system.
- If you need to retrieve the
client_secret information later, return to this page.