This article provides an overview of the financial onboarding process through Video Central.
- If you're a new content provider who needs to complete initial end-to-end financial onboarding, note that access to Video Central is invite-only. For access, contact your business contact at Prime Video. Learn more about getting started with Video Central
- If you're an existing content provider who has previously provided financial details and completed the requisite tax questionnaire, there are no additional required steps.
By January 31, 2020, all Prime Video content providers with a licensed deal through TVOD, Prime SVOD, and/or Prime Video Channels will be able to update their financial preferences directly on Video Central.
Video Central enables content providers to self-service manage their payment preferences, including updating and adding bank details for each licensed deal you have with Prime Video. Without completing this process, you won't receive payments. Before we can launch your catalog, whether through TVOD, Prime Channels, or Prime SVOD (licensed or Cost-Per-Hour), you must complete the steps in this article.
Before completing the Payee Setup process, you first must fill out the requisite details for your account. If you've completed financial onboarding through a different process, your information might be pre-populated, but you can update the information. To make updates, please make sure you have completed Your Business Profile for your account. Depending on the size and complexity of your organization, you may be required to complete this process for multiple contracts (e.g., multiple licensing agreements across different business lines or locales).
- In the top-right corner of the window, click your name, and then click Your Account. If you have the correct permissions to complete financial onboarding, a sidebar that includes the Payee Setup tab appears. If you don’t see this tab, please contact your Prime Video business contact.
- If you haven't already done so, complete Your Business Profile. The profile includes your business name, phone number, and email address. The Payee Setup and Users & Roles tabs on the sidebar will remain grayed out until you complete the Your Business Profile section. To continue, click Accept & Continue.
- If this is your first time accessing Video Central, you're prompted to authenticate your account via a One-Time Password (OTP) using the email address you provided. Click Send OTP. You will receive an email message with a six-digit code. Enter this code, and then click Next.
- Click Payee Setup. On this tab, you see a label with the contract you're configuring. If your organization is configured for multiple payees, you see a drop-down menu with two or more named contracts. If necessary, select the name of the contract to configure. If you're unclear on the scope of the contract that you're configuring payment preferences, contact your Prime Video business contact before completing this step.
- At the top of the window, in Company Profile, enter the primary address for your organization and the email address of the account administrator.
- If you're completing this process for a second payee, the option to Copy address from a different profile appears. Use this option if this payee entity has the same details as another (e.g., your European and U.S. businesses operate out of the same office).
After completing your Account Overview and Company Profile information, you must provide banking information for this payee. All partners must complete this process for at least one payee. If you've already completed financial onboarding through a different process, your details should already appear in your Video Central account. Amazon currently supports payments in five currencies CAD ($), EUR (€), GBP (£), JPY (￥), and USD ($).
- If your organization has multiple payees, under the Payee Setup tab, a drop-down menu with two or more named contracts appears. If so, select the name of the contract to configure. If you're unclear on the scope of the contract that you're configuring payment preferences, contact your Prime Video business contact before continuing.
- Complete the Add Your Bank Account section. Amazon customers in other countries and regions can make purchases in their local currency, but you can still be paid in yours. Usually only one bank account is needed to get paid for all sales, but Prime Video supports more advanced payment configurations. Begin by clicking Add another bank account.
- Complete the Tell us about your bank section, including the account and routing numbers. Amazon saves this information securely and won't share it with anyone. You may add multiple bank accounts if you require more advanced payment configurations.
- If you've already completed this section for at least one bank for at least one payee, you see the option to copy an existing bank account. Click Copy if the new payee entity uses the same banks as another payee. Select Add New if you need to complete this process for a new bank.
- All completed bank accounts appear in this section. You can indicate the payment details per marketplace for your bank accounts. For example, if you would want one bank for European transactions and a second for US and Canadian transactions, click Expand Details. For each bank account, indicate the associated Amazon locales by clicking the buttons (e.g., Amazon.com for the US, Amazon.de for Germany). You're required to indicate a bank for each Amazon marketplace in your licensing agreement. Make sure your bank supports payments for the marketplaces you indicate. Payments will be made via wire transfer and will be subject to transfer fees and payment thresholds.
- If you need to configure a second payee entity, work with your business contact to ensure your account is set up correctly.
Before you can distribute videos and receive payments, you must provide your tax information to Amazon to comply with local tax regulations, depending on the terms of your licensing agreement with Prime Video. After you've provided your tax information and submitted information for at least one bank account, you will have completed the financial onboarding process. To provide your tax information, following the instructions below.
- In My Account, in the Tax Information section, click Complete tax information. Depending on your licensing agreement with Prime Video, you may be required to provide your tax information up to two times.
- A separate page appears for you to provide your tax information. When done, click Submit. Make sure to provide an electronic signature for fastest processing.
- After completing your tax information, a green box with a check mark appears with the completion date. To retrieve or modify this information, click the link shown.
- If you provide your tax information for a second time but don't see a second Complete tax information button, contact your Amazon representative to ensure your account is set up correctly.